I made hardwood pieces for the boom (maybe called combs?) shaping them with the drill, jigsaw and angle grinder followed by sandpaper.
Below are the ones for the boom:
And for attaching loops for the gaff halyards to go back and forward through to the block. I marked out the hole and made six in one go:
And below after a couple of coats of Sikens:
Below is a photo of the bronze deadeye on one of the shrouds (was asked to show one, along with the next photo on how the top of the rigging attaches):
And a photo showing how the shroud attaches along with the loops for the blocks/sails:
I had some hardwood so made a pin rail for the front of the mast with four 8mm stainless steel belaying pins permanently attached for halyards. It attaches with three 6mm stainless bolts through a metal plate on the front of the tabernacle:
While all this was going on I was going back and forth getting insurance coverage and arranging movement of the boat to a marine engineering works for the installation of the engine (sitting inside already) and drive train/propeller. After much back and forward I got a phone call the boat transporters were on their way.
They spent a while getting in my tight driveway, and then hooked up the crane:
Heading to the trailer:
And loaded with the mast, boom and gaff ready to go:
From here it is:
- finish some reshaping I am doing on the rudder and re-mount it;
- once the boat is in the yard, put the blocks and halyards on the mast and stand up the rigging;
- get final quote/measure on the sails and order;
- sort insurance, and berth; and